Soft Open Part II
June 13 @ 08:00 - 15:00Free
Southern Aroostook Action Sports is located at 133 Codfish Ridge Rd – Linneus, Maine (click to view map).
08:00 Parking lot opens; Participants gear up
09:00 Farm Shop opens for check-in, rentals, & sales
Those who arrive after 9:30 a.m. may not participate.
10:00 Farm Shop closes; New-player orientation
10:15 Gear inspected; Guns chronographed
10:30 Game briefing at staging area
15:00 Endex; Debriefing at the fort
Please RSVP below.
• Barrel cover on each airsoft rifle (pistols may simply be holstered)
• Full-seal eye protection (ANSI Z87.1) with a strap
• Hard plastic/metal lower face mask
• Portable hydration (at least 16 fluid ounces) (bottled water will be available for sale at the farm shop)
• Red rag (at least 1 square foot) (available for sale at the farm shop)
• Signed Waiver. Those 15 to 17 must have waivers signed by a parent or legal guardian. Those 12 to 14 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (and signed waivers for both).
• Do not come if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
• Age minimum = 12 years
• FPS limit = 400fps with .25s (1.86J)
• Bolt-action limit = 550fps w/ .25s (3.51J) & 100’ MED
• Friendly fire counts.
• Gun hits count.
• Safety kills are optional.
• Noise grenades eliminate everyone in the same room.
• Explosive devices are NOT ALLOWED.
• More Field Rules linked HERE
Teams will be divided up on game day. Arm bands (surveyor tape) will be provided.
Radio channel: 4 (462.6375 MHz)
Radio Channel 2 (462.5875 MHz)
If you have a two-way radio, keep it set on your faction’s radio channel. You may monitor the other factions’ channels, but do not transmit on them. VOX mode, hot mic-ing, and channel jamming are all prohibited. Please familiarize yourself with your radio and program in its channels before arriving at the field.
You are welcome to buy/sell/trade your airsoft equipment in and around the parking lot and staging area during the morning of this event.
Our Commitment to You
The field managers and event producers will follow through with this operation regardless of the weather. We are fully committed to delivering everything that we advertise and greatly respect the sacrifices that you make in order to attend our ops. Your opinions and improvement ideas are valuable to us, so please share them.
Phase I: CTF Omar vs. Village – Unlimited respawn
One flag will be at Outpost Omar, the other at what will eventually be The Village. Capture the enemy’s flag while defending your own. Phase I will be 45 minutes long.
Phase II: CTF Village vs. Outpost Omar – Unlimited respawn
The same as phase one, but the teams switch starting positions. Phase II will also be 45 minutes long.
Phase III: Fetch Quest – Unlimited respawn
A cache of gold bullion was reportedly dropped somewhere inside the AOE. The team that finds it and safely returns it to their home base is the victor.
The crate is heavy, and MUST be carried by two people. If one of the players carrying the crate is shot, they must immediately drop (set down) the crate after calling “hit” and immediately return to their respawn for their 3-minute cooldown. The remaining player is not allowed to “muscle” the crate themselves. They are not allowed to drag the crate. It must remain in place.
If the crate is shot, BOTH players are hit, and must set down the crate and immediately return to their spawn for the 3-minute cooldown.
Players cannot carry the crate and use their weapons at the same time. If they need to return fire, they must set the crate down.
Reminder: No person shall be denied participation at Southern Aroostook Action Sports on the basis of body type, citizenship, ethnicity, experience level, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status. All forms of sexual harassment are prohibited at all times. Bullying and intimidation are forbidden unless it is scripted into a role-playing aspect of the game.