- This event has passed.
August 22, 2021 @ 08:00 - 17:00$15.00
Southern Aroostook Action Sports is located at 133 Codfish Ridge Rd – Linneus, Maine (click to view map).
08:00 Parking lot opens; Participants gear up
09:00 Farm Shop opens for check-in, rentals, & sales
Those who arrive after 9:30 a.m. may not participate.
10:00 Farm Shop closes; New-player orientation
10:15 Game briefing at staging area
10:30 Gear inspected; Guns chronographed
15:00 Endex; Debriefing at the fort
• Barrel cover on each airsoft rifle (pistols may simply be holstered)
• Full-seal eye protection (ANSI Z87.1) with a strap
• Hard plastic/metal lower face mask
• Portable hydration (at least 16 fluid ounces) (bottled water will be available for sale at the farm shop)
• Red rag (at least 1 square foot) (available for sale at the farm shop)
• Signed Waiver. Those 15 to 17 must have waivers signed by a parent or legal guardian. Those 12 to 14 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (and signed waivers for both).
• Do not come if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
• Age minimum = 12 years
• FPS limit = 400fps with .25s (1.86J)
• Bolt-action limit = 550fps w/ .25s (3.51J) & 100’ MED
• Friendly fire counts.
• Gun hits count.
• Safety kills are optional.
• Noise grenades eliminate everyone in the same room.
• Explosive devices are NOT ALLOWED. (This rule is ever-changing, please contact us if your have any questions.)
Admin channel: 1 (462.5625 Mhz)
Radio channel: 4 (462.6375 MHz)
Radio Channel 2 (462.5875 MHz)
If you have a two-way radio, keep it set on your faction’s radio channel. You may monitor the other factions’ channels, but do not transmit on them. VOX mode, hot mic-ing, and channel jamming are all prohibited. Please familiarize yourself with your radio and program in its channels before arriving at the field.
You are welcome to buy/sell/trade your airsoft equipment in and around the parking lot and staging area during the morning of this event.
Our Commitment to You
The field managers and event producers will follow through with this operation regardless of the weather. We are fully committed to delivering everything that we advertise and greatly respect the sacrifices that you make to attend our ops. Your opinions and improvement ideas are valuable to us, so please share them.
On June 6, 1944, US soldiers from the 2nd and 5th Rangers divisions scaled the 100’ cliff face to take out the German batteries at Point du Hoc, located halfway between Omaha and Utah Beaches. When they got to the top, the Rangers discovered the Germans had begun fortifying the position, but the guns weren’t yet in place; they were staged in a nearby field.
So where is the artillery barrage coming from?
This is not a strict reenactment. Many participants will show up with modern camo/clothing and equipment. We will provide you with armbands if your appearance doesn’t clearly indicate your faction.
If you have anything, please wear clothing that somewhat resembles any of the military uniforms worn during the European theater of World War II. If you’d like to be with the Allies, you are also welcomed to wear a civilian partisan outfit such as the French Resistance.
Green Team will be a ragtag group of US soldiers who were separated from their squads during the Beach Assault and found themselves lost behind enemy lines. After a brief, but intense firefight, they discover a map outlining the Maisy Battery, three locations that are housing the guns being used to shell Allied forces. The squad decides to take out the German guns.
Blue Team will be the Germans who are firing and defending these gun placements.
This is a SEMI-ONLY game. The exception to this is if you have a period replica that was capable of select fire, to include: Beretta Modello 38, Breda M37, Browning, FG 42, flamethrower, Lewis gun, M3 grease gun, MG 34, MG 42, MP 40, MP 41, Nambu Type 100, PPD-40, PPSh-41, STEN, Sterling submachine gun, StG 44, Thompson submachine gun, or ZB vzor 26.
Spawn Rules – Allies
Allies will “buddy spawn”.
1) When you’re hit, call HIT! and don your red rag.
2) 3 minute bleedout.
3) When your 3 minutes are up, call for medic.
4) Any of your squadmates can medic you. They come to you, remove your red rag and hand it to you. You’re healed.
a. If the buddy who is medic-ing you gets hit, your bleedout timer doesn’t restart.
Spawn Rules – Axis
Axis will “medic spawn”.
1) When you’re hit, call HIT! and don your red rag.
2) NO bleedout time – call for medic.
3) The medic will bandage you. Remove your dead rag and you’re back in.
4) The third time you’re hit (you will have two bandages on your arm):
a. Call HIT! and don your red rag. Immediately relocate to Pallet Fort. You’re done until the final phase. HYDRATE, reload. Remove and roll up the bandages on your arm so I don’t have to roll them all up again.
“Distraction” grenades, like the Hakkotsu Thunder B and clones are encouraged. We will be experimenting with blast radius rules:
1. If you are within 10’ on a grenade that explodes, you are hit.
2. If a grenade explodes inside a building or bunker, everyone in that area is hit (even if you may be beyond the blast radius). If a grenade goes off on the other side of a solid man-made barrier (pallets, tires, etc., you are NOT hit.)
Field management will experiment further, so these guidelines may be updated.
Reminder: No person shall be denied participation at Southern Aroostook Action Sports on the basis of body type, citizenship, ethnicity, experience level, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status. All forms of sexual harassment are prohibited at all times. Bullying and intimidation are forbidden unless it is scripted into a role-playing aspect of the game.
While we encourage period uniforms and insignia, the Staff at SAASMaine, and the players choosing to roleplay the Axis, are in NO way cool with Nazis and what they represent. As the field expands, we will be adding period replicas of Nazi flags and other potentially triggering symbolism. This will add to the more immersive environment we’re working towards.
As such, any glorification of Nazi-ism in modern times will NOT be tolerated. We will NOT draw lines between Nazis and modern governments (defined as “any government or administration since WWII), no matter your political beliefs.
We are war nerds playing war games and here to get shot and have fun. Remember that.