Fluffy Bunnies and Rainbows
June 5 @ 08:00 - 15:00$15.00
Southern Aroostook Action Sports is located at 133 Codfish Ridge Rd – Linneus, Maine (click to view map).
08:00 Parking lot opens; Participants gear up
09:00 Farm Shop opens for check-in, rentals, & sales
Those who arrive after 9:30 a.m. may not participate.
10:00 Farm Shop closes; Safety Brief and new player orientation
10:15 Game briefing at staging area
10:30 Gear inspected; Guns chronographed
16:00 Endex; Debriefing at the Pallet Fort
16:30-ish: Cookout! Everyone is invited to hang out and have some burgers and dogs with us.
- Barrel cover on each airsoft rifle (pistols may simply be holstered)
- Full-seal eye protection (ANSI Z87.1) with a strap
- Hard plastic/metal lower face mask for everyone under 18 years old
- Wristwatch with a timer
- Portable hydration (at least 16 fluid ounces)
- Red rag (at least 1 square foot) (available for sale at the farm shop)
- Signed Waiver. Those 15 to 17 must have waivers signed by a parent or legal guardian. Those 12 to 14 must also be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (and signed waivers for both).
- Do not come if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Age minimum = 12 years
- AEG/HPA limit = 400fps with .25s (1.86J)
- DMR limit = 440fps with .25s (2.26J) & 75’ MED
- Bolt-action limit = 550fps w/ .25s (3.51J) & 100’ MED
- Friendly fire counts.
- Gun hits count.
- Safety kills are optional.
- STAY WITHIN ESTABLISHED FIELD BOUNDARIES.
- Explosive devices that require you to manually light a fuse are NOT ALLOWED.
“Distraction” grenades, like the Hakkotsu Thunder B, Bang 22, and even Enola Gaye EG67 are encouraged. REMEMBER TO POLICE YOUR USED GRENADE (and smoke canisters).
Blast Radius rules:
- If you are within 10’ of a grenade that explodes, you are hit.
- If a grenade explodes inside a building or bunker, everyone in that area is hit (even if you may be beyond the blast radius). If a grenade goes off on the other side of a solid man-made barrier (pallets, tires, etc., you are NOT hit.)
- Example: If you and your squad are defending Outpost Omar and a grenade successfully detonates inside the Outpost, your squad was just wiped. However, if said grenade successfully detonates on the outside of one of the Outpost’s walls (the metal, crates, tires, or even the brush wall), you’re all fine.
Field management will experiment further, so these guidelines may be updated.
Admin channel: 11 (467.6375 Mhz)
Announcements, etc., will be broadcast over the Admin Channel. Also, this is the best way to get in touch with a field mod as needed.
Radio Channel 2 (462.5875 MHz)
Radio channel: 4 (462.6375 MHz)
If you have a two-way radio, keep it set on your faction’s radio channel. You may monitor the other factions’ channels, but do not transmit on them. VOX mode, hot mic-ing, and channel jamming are all prohibited. Please familiarize yourself with your radio and program in its channels before arriving at the field.
You are welcome to buy/sell/trade your airsoft equipment in and around the parking lot during the morning of this event.
Our Commitment to You
The field managers and event producers will follow through with this operation regardless of the weather. We are fully committed to delivering everything that we advertise and greatly respect the sacrifices that you make to attend our ops. Your opinions and improvement ideas are valuable to us, so please share them.
Reminder: No person shall be denied participation at Southern Aroostook Action Sports on the basis of body type, citizenship, ethnicity, experience level, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status. All forms of sexual harassment are prohibited at all times. Bullying and intimidation are forbidden unless it is scripted into a role-playing aspect of the game.