August 1 @ 08:00 - 15:00$15
Southern Aroostook Action Sports is located at 133 Codfish Ridge Rd – Linneus, Maine (click to view map).
08:00 Parking lot opens; Participants gear up
09:00 Farm Shop opens for check-in, rentals, & sales
Those who arrive after 9:30 a.m. may not participate.
10:00 Farm Shop closes; New-player orientation
10:15 Game briefing at staging area
10:30 Gear inspected; Guns chronographed
15:00 Endex; Debriefing at the fort
Please RSVP below.
• Barrel cover on each airsoft rifle (pistols may simply be holstered)
• Full-seal eye protection (ANSI Z87.1) with a strap
• Hard plastic/metal lower face mask
• Portable hydration (at least 16 fluid ounces) (bottled water will be available for sale at the farm shop)
• Red rag (at least 1 square foot) (available for sale at the farm shop)
• Signed Waiver. Those 15 to 17 must have waivers signed by a parent or legal guardian. Those 12 to 14 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (and signed waivers for both).
• Do not come if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
• Age minimum = 12 years
• FPS limit = 400fps with .25s (1.86J)
• Bolt-action limit = 550fps w/ .25s (3.51J) & 100’ MED
• Friendly fire counts.
• Gun hits count.
• Safety kills are optional.
• Noise grenades eliminate everyone in the same room.
• Explosive devices are NOT ALLOWED.
• More Field Rules linked HERE
Radio channel: 4 (462.6375 MHz)
Radio Channel 2 (462.5875 MHz)
If you have a two-way radio, keep it set on your faction’s radio channel. You may monitor the other factions’ channels, but do not transmit on them. VOX mode, hot mic-ing, and channel jamming are all prohibited. Please familiarize yourself with your radio and program in its channels before arriving at the field.
You are welcome to buy/sell/trade your airsoft equipment in and around the parking lot and staging area during the morning of this event.
Our Commitment to You
The field managers and event producers will follow through with this operation regardless of the weather. We are fully committed to delivering everything that we advertise and greatly respect the sacrifices that you make in order to attend our ops. Your opinions and improvement ideas are valuable to us, so please share them.
We sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed your week off! Your BB stash should be restocked, your barrels cleaned, your batteries conditioned, and now is a great time to bring out all the new Kit you’ve bought.
“Firebase Gertrude” is based on defending a sadly neglected position against overwhelming odds. Green team will defend, blue team will attack. If you have Vietnam-era gear and replicas, we encourage you to bring that. If you don’t, come as you are and have fun!
We will split the number of players 25% on Green, 75% on Blue.
Blue Team will have standard respawn with 3-minute cooldown. This is subject to change, depending on how fast-paced the action is. Blue Team spawn point to be determined.
Green team has significant restrictions:
- 5 Midcap mags (or one hicap mag) ONLY
- Can only reload in a scheduled pause in the action (every _____ minutes)
- Spawn rules:
- After you call your hit, don your red rag. Stay in place.
- After a 3-minute bleedout, call for a medic.
- The medic will wrap a bandage around your arm. You are back in play.
- Green Team players can be hit three times before they’re OUT for the rest of the phase. At this point, please muster at ___________ and take the time to hydrate, fill your mags, have some carbs, and rest. Taking photos of the action is HIGHLY encouraged.
- When you’re out, KEEP YOUR RED RAG ON YOUR HEAD SO YOU AREN’T SHOT MORE.
Full-auto allowed for ONLY period replicas and SAWs. 10’ MED is in effect. SAW operators are encouraged to have a secondary, like a pistol or AEG.
“Distraction” grenades, like the Hakkotsu Thunder B and clones are encouraged. We will be experimenting with blast radius rules:
- If you are within 10’ on a grenade that explodes, you are hit.
- If a grenade explodes inside a building or bunker, everyone in that room is hit.
Field management will experiment further, so these guidelines may be updated.
Because this is obviously based on an event during the Vietnam conflict, please be mindful to not call the attacking team “gooks”. That’s just not cool. “Charlie” is okay since it is a shortened version of “Victor Charles”, or “VC” for the Viet Cong. From what I’ve read, that was a blanket term that USGIs would also refer to soldiers in the North Vietnamese Army (NVA), although you’ll often see in films that officers would differentiate by calling them “NVA Regulars”. I’ve also read that a good number of soldiers would refer to the NVA as “Charles” out of respect for their fighting prowess.
Regardless, just leave the racial slur out of it. Thanks!
Reminder: No person shall be denied participation at Southern Aroostook Action Sports on the basis of body type, citizenship, ethnicity, experience level, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status. All forms of sexual harassment are prohibited at all times. Bullying and intimidation are forbidden unless it is scripted into a role-playing aspect of the game.