September 26 @ 08:00 - 15:00
After an exhaustive search, we found and ultimately decided to send proceeds to Maine Veterans Project, whose mission is to prevent veteran suicide right here in Maine for our Maine veterans.
- 22 veterans and active duty service members commit suicide every day in the United States.
- Veterans make up just .045% of the total population yet account for 20% of all suicides in the United States
- We have lost more veterans to suicide than in direct combat in both Iraq and Afghanistan combined. Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in America
- Suicide is the #1 leading cause of death in the 15-25 age group
- These numbers are only projected to go up
We at SAASMaine love the work MVP is doing for our local veterans, and with YOUR help, we can all help them out. According to MVP president Shawn Goodwin: “We operate uniquely in a manner that utilizes partnerships to maximize every donate a dollar. We’ve actually been able to produce at least 150% of our donation income with regards to output and veterans programming.”
Details from the Op will be added as soon as I can figure one out.